The three year B.Sc. Nautical Science course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping(Government of India). It is a course leading to Second Mate's Foreign-Going Certificate of Competency awarded by the D.G. Shipping after 12 months of Sea Service, Enabling the cadets to become Navigating officers on board Merchant Navy Ships worldwide. All candidates applying for B.Sc., Nautical Science Course also need to appear for a COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (CET) conducted by the INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY (IMU). Please visit the IMU website (www.imu.edu.in) for details of this CET, and for the modalities of appearing for the CET. This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every year August Month.
Pass in (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60% .
Minimum of 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th standard.
17 to 25 years of age at the time of commencement of the course.
Click here to Calculate your Age
Eligible Candidates holding IMU CET Rank can directly walk in to access the admission procedure immediately, subject to seat availability and Clearing Medicals.
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor. Click Here For DGS Approved Doctors
3 years DG approved B.Sc. Nautical Science course
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees (For B.Tech & B.Sc Only) to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid. Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of Course after adjustment of damages, breakages etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid by Demand Draft/Online prior 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior completion of final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS is mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not be entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking
ii) By Demand Draft
Demand Draft in favour of HIMT College payable at Chennai to be sent through register post to Registered Office :
Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (HIMT),
11, Millers Road, Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010.
Tel.:(+91 44) 3010 3010, 4343 9696
ENTRY 10, +2 WITH PCM – 60% MARKS
AFF, MFA, PSCRB, GMDSS, ROSC AND ARPA FOLLOWED BY EXAMINATION AT MMD (BOTH WRITTEN AND ORALS)
OBTAIN 2nd MATE (FOREIGN GOING) COMPETENCY CERTIFICATE
18 MONTHS SEA SERVICE AS OFFICER IN CHARGE OF A NAVIGATION WATCH
PHASE 1 & PHASE 2 COURSES (WITH RANSCO & MC)-ABOUT 6 MONTHS
ORAL & WRITTEN EXAMINATION. OBTAIN 1st MATE (FOREIGN GOING) COMPETENCY CERTIFICATE
18 MONTHS SEA SERVICE AS OFFICER IN CHARGE OF A NAVIGATION WATCH OR 12 MONTHS AS CHIEF OFFICER
ASM & SMS COURSE- 2 MONTHS
ORAL EXAMINATION OBTAIN MASTER’S COMPETENCY CERTIFICATE