A four year B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course , is a course leading to Class IV Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of competency, awarded by the ministry of shipping(Government of India), after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets to become Marine Engineers on board Merchant Naval ships anywhere in the world. All candidates applying for B.Tech. Marine Engineering Course also need to appear for a COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (CET) conducted by the INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY (IMU). Please visit the IMU website (www.imu.edu.in) for details of this CET, and for the modalities of appearing for the CET. This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every year August Month.
Candidate should have passed in (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60%. Minimum of 50% marks in English language at 10th & 12th standard. 17 to 25 years of age at the time of commencement of the course.
Click here to Calculate your Age
Eligible Candidates holding IMU CET Rank can directly walk in to access the admission procedure immediately, subject to seat availability and Clearing Medicals.
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor.
Click Here For DGS Approved Doctors
4 Years DGS approved B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course.
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees (For B.Tech & B.Sc Only) to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid. Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of Course after adjustment of damages, breakages etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid by Demand Draft/Online prior 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior completion of final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS is mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not be entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking
ii) By Demand Draft
Demand Draft in favour of HIMT College payable at Chennai to be sent through register post to Registered Office :
Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (HIMT),
11, Millers Road, Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010.
Tel.:(+91 44) 3010 3010, 4343 9696
ENTRY 10,+2 WITH 60% MARKS IN PCM & 50% MARKS IN ENGLISH EITHER IN 10 OR 12TH STD
OBTAIN B.TECH DEGREE IN MARINE ENGINEERING
EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING IN MEO CLASS IV PART A EXAMINATION
SIX MONTHS DULY DOCUMENTED SEA SERVICE AS ASSISTANT MARINE ENGINEER OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
COMPLETION OF ADVANCED SAFETY TRAINING COURSES AFF, PSCRB, MFA AND THREE MONTHS PREPARATORY COURSE (optional) TO OBTAIN MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CLASS IV CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY – APPEAR FOR MEO CL-IV PART’ B’ MMD EXAMINATION – OBTAIN MEO CL-IV CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
12 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL-IV ENGINEERING OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
4 MONTHS TRAINING COURSE – APPEAR MMD EXAMINATION MEO CL-II PART B - OBTAIN CLASS II MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
18 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL –II OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
2 MONTHS ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE – OBTAIN CLASS I MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
PROMOTED TO CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER