The 12 days Orientation Course for Catering Personnel (OCCP) course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping (Government of India). This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every Month.
The Candidate should have passed 10th or 12th Standard Exam from a recognized board with minimum of 40% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in English language at 10th or 12th standard.
A Degree or Diploma Certificate in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, or Hotel Management and Catering Technology, or Catering, Culinary Arts, or Hospitality and Tourism, of minimum six months duration from an institution duly recognized by State Boards/UGC approved University, or approved by the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology(NCHMC) or AICTE.
18 to 27 years of age at the time of course commencement
Click here to Calculate your Age
Direct admissions. Need to undergo Basic STCW Courses
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor.
Click Here For DG Approved Doctors
12 days DG approved OCCP Course. On completion of the course candidates can join the Merchant Ships as General Steward or Trainee/2nd Cook and subsequently become Chief Cook/Chief Steward who is the in-charge of Catering Department.
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees (For B.Tech & B.Sc Only) to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid. Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of Course after adjustment of damages, breakages etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid by Demand Draft/Online prior 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior completion of final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS is mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not be entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking
ii) By Demand Draft
Demand Draft in favour of HIMT College payable at Chennai to be sent through register post to Registered Office :
Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (HIMT),
11, Millers Road, Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010.
Tel.:(+91 44) 3010 3010, 4343 9696