A three years B.Tech (Marine Engineering) Lateral entry course, is a course leading to Class IV Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of competency, awarded by the ministry of shipping(Government of India), after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets to become Marine Engineers on board Merchant Naval ships anywhere in the world. This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every year August Month.
Candidate can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course who have passed Diploma Course in Mechanical Engineering (or) Marine Engineering from any institute approved by AICTE with at least 60% marks overall and should have completed the Diploma within the stipulated period of 3 years.
The candidate should have secured 50% marks in English in 10th Standard or 12th Standard. College must have AICTE or UGC approval.
Age Limit - 18 to 26 years at the time of commencement of the course.
Click here to Calculate your Age
HIMT Online Entrance Test
Online Entrance exam can be conducted at over 50 centre in India. Test date and centre can be selected by candidate after successful filling up the application form.
A qualified psychologist conducts personality profiling of prospective candidates to check their suitability
Short listed candidates are called for an interview taken by a panel comprising of Chief Engineers and Captain Superintendent
DG approved B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees (For B.Tech & B.Sc Only) to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid. Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of Course after adjustment of damages, breakages etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid by Demand Draft/Online prior 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior completion of final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- Cash/Cheque payments are not be entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking
ii) By Demand Draft
Demand Draft in favour of HIMT College payable at Chennai to be sent through register post to Registered Office :
Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (HIMT),
11, Millers Road, Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010.
Tel.:(+91 44) 3010 3010, 4343 9696
ENTRY DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING WITH MINIMUM 50% OVERALL AND MINIMUM 50% IN ENGLISH AT 10TH OR 12TH STANDARD OR IN DIPLOMA
OBTAIN B.TECH DEGREE IN MARINE ENGINEERING
EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING IN MEO CLASS IV PART A EXAMINATION
SIX MONTHS DULY DOCUMENTED SEA SERVICE AS ASSISTANT MARINE ENGINEER OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
COMPLETION OF ADVANCED SAFETY TRAINING COURSES AFF, PSCRB, MFA AND THREE MONTHS PREPARATORY COURSE (optional) TO OBTAIN MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CLASS IV CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY – APPEAR FOR MEO CL-IV PART’ B’ MMD EXAMINATION – OBTAIN MEO CL-IV CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
12 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL-IV ENGINEERING OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
4 MONTHS TRAINING COURSE – APPEAR MMD EXAMINATION MEO CL-II PART B - OBTAIN CLASS II MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
18 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL –II OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
2 MONTHS ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE – OBTAIN CLASS I MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
PROMOTED TO CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER