The six months General Purpose Rating (GP Rating) approved by the Directorate General of Shipping (Government of India). On successful completion of this course, the candidates will be eligible to join in Indian/Foreign Shipping companies as a Deck/Engine crew. With further sea service, they would be promoted as Motorman/Oil man, Fitter, Deck serang, Able-Bodied Seamen, Bosun. They can also be promoted to officer level with certain service and qualification requirements on passing the examinations conducted by DGS. This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every year Jan and July Month.
Candidates should have passed "Xth Standard" from a recognized educational board with Science and Mathematics as subjects. The marks obtained should be 40% in overall and 40% in English language alone.
17.5 to 25 years of age at the time of commencement of the course.
Minimum educational qualification requirement is relaxed from "Xth Standard Passed" to "VIII Standard Passed", to the candidates who are natives of Minicoy Island belonging to Scheduled Tribe in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
Course Date: January/July of every year.
Click here to Calculate your Age
HIMT Online Entrance Test
Online Entrance exam can be conducted at over 50 centre in India. Test date and centre can be selected by candidate after successful filling up the application form.
A qualified psychologist conducts personality profiling of prospective candidates to check their suitability
Short listed candidates are called for an interview taken by a panel comprising of Chief Engineers and Captain Superintendent
6 months DG approved General Purpose Rating (GP Rating) course.
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees (For B.Tech & B.Sc Only) to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid. Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of Course after adjustment of damages, breakages etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid by Demand Draft/Online prior 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior completion of final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- Cash/Cheque payments are not be entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking
ii) By Demand Draft
Demand Draft in favour of HIMT College payable at Chennai to be sent through register post to Registered Office :
Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (HIMT),
11, Millers Road, Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010.
Tel.:(+91 44) 3010 3010, 4343 9696