A four year B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course , is a course leading to Class IV Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of competency, awarded by the ministry of shipping(Government of India), after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets to become Marine Engineers on board Merchant Naval ships anywhere in the world. All candidates applying for B.Tech. Marine Engineering Course also needs to appear for a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY (IMU). Please visit the IMU website (www.imu.edu.in) for details of this CET, and for the modalities of appearing for the CET. This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every year August Month.
As per DGS Training Circular 14 of 2021, Online Common Entrance Test (CET) and Common Counseling is not be applicable for admission for the academic year 2021 – 22.
Candidate should have passed in (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60%. Minimum of 50% marks in the English language at 10th & 12th standard.
Age: 17 to 25 years of age at the time of commencement of the course.
Eligible Candidates holding IMU CET Rank can directly walk in to access the admission procedure immediately, subject to seat availability and Clearing Medicals.
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor.
4 Years DGS approved B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course.
|Particulars||Fees per Year (Rs)|
|Scholarships for every year*||50000|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||25000|
- Scholarships are available Know More
- Placement assistance provided Know More
- Educational Loan assistance Know More
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid.
- Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of the Course after adjustment of damages, breakages, etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid Online prior to 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT at an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under the guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior to completion of the final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS are mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking