The four months Electro Technical Officers (ETO) course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping (Government of India). This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every year March, July and November Month.
Passed in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as a separate subject with minimum 50% marks in English at 10th or 12th standard, AND passed three year’s Diploma with 60% marks OR passed Four years Degree including Lateral Entry, with 50% marks, in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication / Communication Engineering, or Electronics and Instrumentation, or equivalent. OR Passed in 10th Standard, with English as a separate subject with minimum 50% marks in English, AND passed in Diploma with 60%, AND passed Three years Degree through Lateral Entry with 50% marks in the streams mentioned above. The diploma / degree Courses must be recognized by any State or Central Government or AICTE.
Maximum 35 years of age at the time of course commencement
Click here to Calculate your Age
Short listed candidates will be called for admission procedure
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor.
Click Here For DG Approved Doctors
4 months DG approved Electro Technical Officers (ETO) course.
On completion of the course candidates can join the Merchant Ships as an Electrical Officer.
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees (For B.Tech & B.Sc Only) to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid. Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of Course after adjustment of damages, breakages etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid by Demand Draft/Online prior 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior completion of final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS is mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not be entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking
ii) By Demand Draft
Demand Draft in favour of HIMT College payable at Chennai to be sent through register post to Registered Office :
Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (HIMT),
11, Millers Road, Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010.
Tel.:(+91 44) 3010 3010, 4343 9696
PASSED 10+2 WITH PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS AND ENGLISH AS SEPARATE SUBJECTS WITH MINIMUM 50 % MARKS IN ENGLISH AT 10TH OR 12TH STANDARD EXAM AND PASSED THREE YEARS’S DIPLOMA WITH 60% MARKS OR FOUR YEAR’S DEGREE INCLUDING LATERAL ENTRY, WITH 50% MARKS IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION / COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING, OR ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION OR EQUIVALENT.
6-8 MONTHS AS TRAINEE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
JUNIOR ELECTRICAL OFFICER
ELECTRO TECHNICAL OFFICER