Are you looking to pursue marine engineering course? HIMT College is reputed in imparting graduate marine engineering (GME) 1 year course for graduates. This one year Pre-sea training course is suitable for graduates, leading them to become Class IV Certified Marine Engineer Officer. The GME Course is honored by the Directorate General of Shipping after the successful completion of the 1 year course candidates can join as Junior Engineers onboard vessels.
The GME course is intended for qualified applicants who have a four year college education in mechanical engineering or in marine engineering. Graduates from this course proceed to become chief engineers, who are responsible for all the machinery onboard a vessel.
Admission to GME courses is purely on HIMT entrance tests where applicants are selected on IQ, reasoning, and aptitude. An individual meeting round is likewise held. In marine engineering course, the candidates will learn how to work on big foreign going and near coastal ships, and oil rigs.
- E. / B.Tech. in Mechanical/ Naval Architecture or Mechanical & Automation after attending a course of 4 years duration from a UGC recognized University and/or approved by AICTE, with minimum 60% aggregate marks and minimum 60% marks in the final year;
- In class 12th or equivalent have scored minimum 60% marks in PCM or Diploma aggregate 60%.
- For Diploma candidates with lateral entry to 2nd year of B.Tech, need to have scored 60% and above in Diploma followed by the Degree eligibility criteria.
- Must have not have scored 50% in English as a different subject, at either tenth or twelfth norm or in the Degree course directed by a Recognized Board/University.
- The age should not surpass 28 years on the date of beginning obviously (Course initiates in March, July, and November consistently).
- Genuinely fit and medical fit as determined by DGS rules, vision 6/12 in each eye without visual guides and no partial blindness.
- Candidates looking to take admission to GME course must have a valid passport.
GME Course Fees & Highlights
HIMT College offers GME course fees for students who are qualified to take admission to graduate marine engineering (GME) 1 year course. Here below are the full GME course fees and highlights that candidates must know:
Postgraduate Level Course:
Graduate Marine Engineering
Duration of Course:
Type of Course:
Education Eligibility Criteria:
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture
Through Entrance Examination or Merit Based
Average Course Fee Structure:
Rs. 3, 65,000/-, Scholarships: Rs. 25,000 /-, Fees for
Rs. 3, 40,000/-
HIMT Test and Personal Interview
Jobs and placements are abundant for the GME course. After completion of this course, candidates can get suitable jobs both off-shore & on-shore. HIMT College is one of the leading marine engineering colleges in India, well-known for its pioneering marine engineering course.
Call us to know details related to admission and GME course fees. Today!