A three years B.Tech (Marine Engineering) Lateral entry course, is a course leading to Class IV Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of competency, awarded by the ministry of shipping(Government of India), after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets to become Marine Engineers on board Merchant Naval ships anywhere in the world. This course is strictly residential. Course commences on Every year August Month.
As per DGS Training Circular 14 of 2021, Online Common Entrance Test (CET) and Common Counseling is not be applicable for admission for the academic year 2021 – 22.
3-Years Engineering Diploma in Marine/Mechanical/Electrical/Electrical & Electronics, from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with a minimum 55% of Aggregate marks in the last year of Diploma Course.
4years Diploma in Shipbuilding from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the last year of Diploma Course.
1st year training form the Alternate Training Scheme, approved by D.G. Shipping (This will not be applicable to MERI)
1st year from the Engineering College in other streams like Mechanical or Electrical approved by AICTE with minimum 60% average marks.
3-year diploma course in the following categories, from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Techn ical Education with minimum 55% of Aggregate marks in the last year of Diploma Course
Mechanical Engineering Stream:
Automobile/Machine Tolls and Maintanance/Plant Engineering / Production Technology / Production Engineering / Advance Diploma in Tool and Die making.
Electrical Engineering Stream:
Electrical Power System
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Stream:
Digital Electronics / Electronics & Communications / Electronics & Telecommunication / Industrial Electronics / Electronics / Electronics Production & Maintenance / Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
Age: 17 to 25 years at the time of Course Commencement
Short listed candidates will be called for admission procedure
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor.
DG approved B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course
|Particulars||Fees per Year (Rs)|
|Scholarships for every year*||50000|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||25000|
- Scholarships are available Know More
- Placement assistance provided Know More
- Educational Loan assistance Know More
- Examination Fees & yearly Programme Fees to Indian Maritime University (IMU) to be paid.
- Application fees of Rs 1000-/ is non-refundable.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of the Course after adjustment of damages, breakages, etc. if any.
- Subsequent Semester fees to be paid by Demand Draft/Online prior to 1st May and 1st Nov.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT at an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under the guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior to completion of the final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS are mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking