The six months General Purpose Rating (GP Rating) approved by the Directorate General of Shipping (Government of India). On successful completion of this course, the candidates will be eligible to join in Indian/Foreign Shipping companies as a Deck/Engine crew. With further sea service, they would be promoted as Motorman/Oilman, Fitter, Deck serang, Able-Bodied Seamen, Bosun. They can also be promoted to officer Level with certain service and qualification requirements on passing the examinations conducted by DGS. This course is strictly residential. Course commences Every year in January and July.
Candidates should have passed “Xth Standard” from a recognized educational board with Science and Mathematics as subjects. The marks obtained should be 40% overall and 40% in the English language alone.
Minimum educational qualification requirement is relaxed from “Xth Standard Passed” to “VIII Standard Passed”, to the candidates who are natives of Minicoy Island belonging to Scheduled Tribe in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
Age: 17.5 to 25 years (for diploma or degree holders, the age limit is extended to 27 years) of age at the time of commencement of the course.
2.Panel Interview & Online Test
Eligible candidates will be called for an Online Interview and have to give an Online Test
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor.
6 months DG approved General Purpose Rating (GP Rating) course.
|Scholarships for every year*||25000|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||5000|
- Scholarships are available Know More
- Placement assistance provided Know More
- Educational Loan assistance Know More
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of the Course after adjustment of damages, breakages, etc. if any.
- Fees paid is forfeited, if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT at an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under the guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior to completion of the final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS are mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not entertained.
Mode of payment:
i) By Online :
Click here for Online Booking